- About Us
The Centre for Research in Social Simulation is happy to have research scholars and doctoral students visit the centre to share knowledge. We also welcome applications from doctoral students registered at universities outside the UK who wish to spend part of their study time with us. We are however able to accommodate only limited number of visitors for stays lasting for few weeks or months. If you are thinking of applying to visit, please note the following:
- At present, we only have one desk space for visitors, so there may be times when visits might not be possible. Visiting fellows are provided with a desk, a PC and internet connection. If they are staying for more than a few weeks an email address and library privileges may also be provided.
- Accommodation on the University campus may be available during the vacation, but may not during term time. There are a range of hotels, guest houses and b&bs in Guildford. You should allow at least £200 per week to cover your living expenses (accommodation, meals, travel etc.).
- In order to gain the most benefit from your stay you should have achieved a level of English language fluency equivalent to at least an IELTS score of 6.5
- When deciding whether to apply to visit CRESS, please consider carefully the research being done in the Centre.
- We encourage the visitors to play a full role in the life of the Centre and to contribute a ‘bench fee’ of £350 per month to cover administrative costs (set by the Department).
To apply, please send a brief CV, a statement about your current research and research plans, the dates of your proposed visit and a sample of your written work to the Centre Director, Nigel Gilbert.
Registering for a PhD at CRESS
There are details about how to apply to study for a PhD at CRESS here.